Today Room 12 made play dough!
We looked at the recipe and got the ingredients ready....
First added the dry ingredients. Four and salt.
We put 1 cup of flour into the mixing bowl...
... and so is playing with it!
Room 12s uncooked play dough recipe:
What you need
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- A few drops of food colouring
- 1/2 cup water
What you need to do
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the oil.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to the 1/2 cup water and mix to combine.
- Add the coloured liquid, a little at a time, to the flour and oil.
- Knead until the mixture is smooth and has the consistency of scone dough. If the mixture is too dry, add more water. Likewise, if the mixture is too sticky, add more flour.